Friday, September 10, 2010

History of a Gamer

So, a quick rundown of my gaming years, to further preface this running opinion piece that is a blog. I started gaming with video games on the nes in about 1989ish. I have since played stuff on almost every system, and consider myself a "hardcore" gamer if that label is still useable without derision. I played mostly Nintendo back in the day, but they lost my interest around the time of the N64, and since no one hardware company has been able to retain it to the exclusion of the others. I mostly play pc games these days, as PCs(well, macs really since that's what I use) have so many more uses in addition to games. I started tabletop roleplaying in 2001 or so, on the system known as RIFTS. Subsequently, got burned out on what basically amounted to "roll-playing" and dropped off from the hobby for awhile. Only to come back to the town I started in and pick it up on the systems of GURPS and World of Darkness. My friends and I came to be more interested in the storytelling aspect of roleplaying, and have been positing theorycraft on the nature of this fascinating hobby ever since.


Video Games I still play, even though not cutting edge:
Earthbound
Psychonauts
Call of Duty
Team Fortress 2
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
Warcraft III
Starcraft I and II
Ninja Gaiden Black
Marvel vs Capcom
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Metroid Prime series

Tabletops I play:
Champions
Fudge/Fate/Diaspora(still to try Diaspora)
World of Darkness
GURPS 4th ed
Shadowrun 4th ed(still to try)

No comments:

Post a Comment